- Summer shenanigansTuesday, August 28, 2012
- Death and GardeningMonday, August 06, 2012
- From the D to the G: Death and Gardening (not Dolce and Gabanna)Friday, June 08, 2012
We are recruiting!!
Fri, 22 Mar 2013
Wet Picnic are looking for dynamic, hard working, performers with experience of devised physical theatre to work with them over the coming year. We have 6 shows to either create or recast, which will be touring nationally and internationally. We will hold 4 workshops auditions. Two of which will focus on indoor work and two will focus on outdoor work, applicants can apply to both if they feel that their skills are appropriate.
Outdoor Touring work:
Show 1 - The Dinner Table - touring throughout 2013 generally festivals, weekend work
Show 2 - Time for Tea - touring throughout 2013 generally festivals, weekend work
Show 3 - The Birthday Party - rework of current show -rehearsals 2 weeks in may/June, touring throughout 2013 generally festivals, weekend work
Show 4 - The Lift - creation of new show - rehearsals 3 weeks (week 1 in April, weeks 2&3 end of may/beginning of June) - touring throughout summer, dates to be confirmed, generally weekends.
N.B - Further performance dates are likely, which for outdoor work will generally be summer (until end of Sept) weekends, but can include longer trips.
Indoor Touring Work:
Show 1 - Death and Gardening - rework of existing show - 2.5 weeks rehearsals (July), Edinburgh (full festival) national tour (last week of September all of October), spring tour (TBC)
Show 2 - Suitcases - R&D of new show - (21st October - 15th November)
- have strong improvisational skills
- be used to working physically
- have experience or skills in clowning and/or bouffon work
- be used to devised ensemble creation
- expect to work some long days, pack vans and be part of a team that all mucks in
Desirable are skills in:
- Dance (any discipline)
- Prop making
Additional skills are always interesting to us as we create work through play and devise as an ensemble.
Rehearsal and performance fees will be paid above equity minimum and vary depending on the project. Please note that there is a reduced fee for Edinburgh.
To apply please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org including:
1) A CV (max 2 pages)
2) A brief covering letter
3) If you application is for indoor work, outdoor work, a specific show or to be considered for general company
4) Photos and links to relevant footage (max 4 pictures)
5) Please let us know if you have a driving licence and a hold a valid passport
Successful applicants will be invited to attend one of four workshop auditions:
Tuesday 2nd April Afternoon - Indoor Work
Tuesday 2nd April Evening - Outdoor Work
Tuesday 9th April Afternoon - Outdoor Work
Tuesday 9th April Evening - Indoor Work
Recalls on Wed 10th April.
Auditions to be held in North London, times to be confirmed.
Deadline for applications is 5pm Friday 29th March.
PLEASE NOTE: due to the high volume of applications we are unable to answer calls and respond to applications which are unsuccessful.